FOURTH SCHEDULE s. 77 (5)
|l.--(1) The office of a member
of the Board of Malawi Posts (in this Schedule referred to as the "Board"),
other than a member ex- officio, shall become vacant-
(a) if he resigns;
(b) upon his death;
(c) if he becomes bankrupt;
(d) if he is convicted of an offence punishable by imprisonment
for more than twelve months;
(e) if he is absent, without the consent in writing of the Chairman or without valid excuse, from three consecutive meetings of which he has had notice;
(f) upon the expiry of the period of his appointment;
(g) if he becomes, by reason of mental or physical infirmity,
incapable of performing his duties as a member;
(h) if any circumstances arise that, if he were not a member, would cause that member to be disqualified as a member.,
(2) A vacancy in the Board of a member other than a member ex officio shall be filled by the appointment of another member by the Minister as soon as may be reasonably practicable after the occurrence of the vacancy and the other member so appointed shall hold office for the unexpired period of hit predecessor's term of office.
|2.- A member of the Board shall be paid from the funds of Malawi Posts such remuneration, allowances and other benefits as the of Minister may, on the recommendation of the Board, from time to time approve.||Remuneration of members|
|3.—(1) The Board shall meet for
the transaction of business at Meetings of least once every three months
at such places and times as the Board Chairman may determine.
(2) The Chairman shall convene meetings of the Board by giving the members at least seven days written notice unless the Chairman notifies the members of the Board in writing that the urgency of the matter to be discussed requires a shorter period of notice.
(3) The quorum for any meeting of the Board shall be a
(4) A decision of the Board at any meeting shall be that of the majority of the members present at the meeting and, in the event of an equality of votes, the person presiding shall have the casting vow in addition to his deliberative vote.
|B. No. 17|
(5) No member of the Board shall attend a meeting of the Board
(6) Subject to this Act, the .Board shall have power to
|4.-(I) The Board may establish
one or more committees and
delegate to any such committee such of its functions as it considers necessary.
(2) The Board may invite any person to attend any of the
(3) The chairman of every committee of the Board shall
(4) The Chairman of the Board shall by reason of his office
(5) Any member of a committee may be paid from the funds
(6) Subject to the general or special directions of the Board and to the provisions of this Act, every committee of the Board shall have power to determine its own procedure.